Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Once

Oh wow. And wow again. I've had the soundtrack to Once for months but hadn't seen the movie until tonight. Actually, I'm only 30 minutes in and I had to stop to listen to the soundtrack again. I'm falling in love with this movie in a long-term, passionate way and it is 85% because of the music. The other 15% is the wonderful acting and emotion portrayed by the characters, which so far is definitely worth watching and promises to only get better. But the music, especially the primary song Falling Slowly, is just so beautifully haunting it makes me want to cry with the enormity of the emotion. It's like a direct hit to the heart. If you haven't seen this movie or heard this soundtrack, do yourself a favor and get a hold of it as soon as you can. You won't regret it, I promise.

Follow up note, 1/17/08: I finally was able to finish the movie this evening. As promised, it was FANTASTIC. This is one to own!

2 comments:

Sean said...

I've never seen that movie. Is as good as Aliens?

Jenn Sheridan said...

*lol* Well, that probably depends on your perspective. It's a beautiful and moving movie. You should watch it. :)