Monday, March 3, 2008

Notes from Jenn's World

Just a quick check-in about a few things going on in my world.

A New Earth: The Oprah Web Event

Has anyone else signed up for the A New Earth web event that begins tonight? Apparently hundreds of thousands of people (and even groups of people) will be tuning in to this web class based on the eye-opening, awareness-inducing book by Eckhart Tolle. I honestly do not know what to expect, but I am definitely looking forward to it! I finished my Chapter 1 homework this morning and I'm all set to get started. My plan is to do a post on what I learn each week on Tuesdays, so look for more on this tomorrow.


Avon Walk for Breast Cancer

As you may be aware, I am committed to walking in the San Francisco Avon Walk for Breast Cancer this July. I am absolutely in awe of how generous everyone is being in terms of donations. As of 10:00 this morning, just one week into my fundraising, I am at $895, which is 25% of my personal goal and 50% of my committed goal. Thank you for all of your marvelous support! I am also hard at work on the training front, walking over 18 miles last week with a plan of about 17 miles for this week. I'm sore but I'm loving it and can already feel my body responding positively. Yahoo!


Dreams are being realized as we speak!

Technically this is only affecting me peripherally, but I am very excited to be witnessing the universe conspiring to bring dreams into fruition in such a way that the same situation is mutually benefiting both my mother and a good friend of ours. This is such a wonderful example of synchronicity at work. Very long story short, a friend just "happened" to meet a woman with a ranch in Australia at the same time as she was looking for a ranch to go live and work on for a month this spring. Of course, the woman invited her, and everything fell into place for her to go from the support of the organization where she works to free airline tickets to finding someone to stay at her place with her doggie and kitty. In the meantime, my mother is in the process of moving to the Bay Area and she was looking for a way to live here for a little while so she could scope out neighborhoods and begin to explore her new home from the perspective of someone who lives here, so she is, of course, the person staying at our friend's condo. I just love the way things fall into place!

What's happening in your world? Anything new that you're exploring? Do you have any synchronicity to share? Any events coming up on your horizon that you're excited about? Please share!

3 comments:

Jenn Sheridan said...

So after about 18 minutes of really choppy viewing, the webcast for A New Earth completely crashed. I ran through all the troubleshooting ideas, but honestly, I think they just have one heck of a lot of people trying to participate. It looks like I'll have to download it and watch it tomorrow instead.

Please let me know if you were able to watch the whole thing!

Unknown said...

So, where did mommy end up? South City? ;)

Jenn Sheridan said...

Sadly no, our friend lives in Novato. But she'll come visit us Peninsula-ites! :)