Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Coming home

I know it's been said before (and I'm sure more eloquently), but the best thing about traveling is coming home. I just returned from 5 days in Georgia visiting family in Atlanta, Rome, and Marietta. As wonderful as it was to see everybody, it is so very good to be back home again. It was absolutely beautiful in Georgia--green and lush and really perfect temperatures mostly in the 70s--and I wondered how my tan hills would compare. But not to worry, California is still very much my home, and my first glimpse of the Bay Area through the airplane window this morning brought a huge smile to my face. My husband, Sean, picked me up at the airport and I was so grateful to get to spend some brief time with him before he had to head back to the office. And while my grandparents' new kitten, Sweetie, completely stole my heart, my girls, Gryphon and Morgan, were waiting for me here and haven't left my side even for a second since I walked in the front door. Travel brings newness, curiosity, reunion, but home brings a comfortable bliss that just can't be beat. Namaste.

Photo: "California Poppies," originally uploaded by docentjoyce

No comments: