Thursday, July 3, 2008

Notes from Jenn's World

Just a quick check-in about what's going on in my world . . .

Avon Walk for Breast Cancer

It's hard to believe that the walk is almost here! Next weekend, July 12th and 13th, I'll be walking over 39 miles in San Francisco and Marin. Wow. What an absolutely incredible ride. I have met so many truly wonderful people -- survivors, friends and family of survivors, others who have lost loved ones. While the walkers are phenomenal, I've been even more in awe of the crew, mostly husbands of walkers who provide water, snacks, entertainment, and rides for the injured, keeping the walkers happy, healthy, and safe. This whole experience shows you the softer side of people as total strangers hose you down on really hot days or stop you in the street to give you a few dollars. And the event is still to come! Be thinking of me next weekend and send me lots of love and good energy! As of this writing, I am at $2179 -- only $21 shy of my goal. If you'd still like to donate, you can reach my personal page by clicking here.

I'm working!

Just a couple of days after my last "Notes from . . ." I had a lunch meeting that kicked off a conversation about my doing some work for the Hoffman Institute. I just wrapped up a database project for them this week and I'm officially starting my long-term contract work with them on Tuesday. Yay for steady income working with great people and for an absolutely fabulous organization. They're well worth checking out -- I can easily say that the Hoffman Quadrinity Process is one of the best things I've ever done for myself, literally life-changing all in good ways.

4th of July escape

I'm super excited to be driving down to Los Angeles tomorrow where I will meet up with three good friends from college. We're taking a mini-cruise to Mexico, essentially three nights and two days with a single stop in Ensenada. I'm looking forward to catching up, great conversations, putting my feet up, relaxing, and visiting a country I haven't yet been to. While I'm sorry it is so short, if it had been longer we probably wouldn't have been able to squeeze it into our busy schedules this summer, so mostly I'm just grateful.

So what's new in your world? How are you treating yourself this summer? I'd love to hear all about the love and fun and flow happening in your life now. Namaste.

No comments: