Friday, July 18, 2008

We walk as one

The 2008 San Francisco Avon Walk for Breast Cancer may be over, but it is only just beginning to live on in my memories. This past weekend was absolutely amazing. A physical challenge, yes, but a totally spiritual experience. I think the Avon Walk saying summarizes it beautifully: "For 2 days, we walk as one." Over 3200 walkers, 500 crew, and countless supporters came together as one this weekend. Everywhere we went, people were laughing, crying, hugging, cheering, even singing . . . together. It was such an amazing outpouring of genuine, authentic love. My body may be questioning why I did this, but my heart and spirit know it was necessary for me to reconnect with humanity in this deep way.

Thank you all for your patience as I've been a little off my game this past month with all of the preparations that have gone into this experience. This is now part of my foundation, and I trust that it will help me to reconnect with you all of you even more deeply as I get back into my writing. With a heart overflowing with love, Namaste.

No comments: