Monday, October 20, 2008

I want to free what waits within me

Once again, life is good. My shamanism workshop this weekend was even better than I could have imagined, I'm (mostly) caught up with my work, and I'm off to Connecticut tomorrow to help with the final stage of my mother's move to California. I don't know how much time I'll have over the next couple of weeks to post anything, but let me leave you with these beautiful words of Rilke's in the interim. Namaste.

from Rilke's Book of Hours
by Rainer Maria Rilke; translated by Anita Barrows and Joanna Macy

I believe in all that has never yet been spoken.
I want to free what waits within me
so that what no one has dared to wish for

may for once spring clear
without my contriving.

If this is arrogant, God, forgive me,
but this is what I need to say.
May what I do flow from me like a river,
no forcing and no holding back,
the way it is with children.

Then in these swelling and ebbing currents,
these deepening tides moving out, returning,
I will sing you as no one ever has,

streaming through widening channels
into the open sea.

Photo: "Welsh stream," originally uploaded by Mark Robinson

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jenn and Rilke, thank you for expressing my own thoughts as I take the huge leap to move towards my dreams!

Jenn Sheridan said...

Yahoo for taking leaps and following your bliss!