Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The passage of time

I'm feeling a little under the weather today. My whole body is just crying out for me to curl up in bed, to turn off the rest of the world and retreat. It doesn't help that it's raining. Antonia's Line came from Netflix so I may give in here in a minute, but I did want to do a quick post.

It's my husband's birthday today. I love birthdays, mine or otherwise. I think I've had more fun celebrating this birthday than Sean has, but that's probably pretty usual for us. I believe that life should be celebrated, and that includes the passage of time, the gaining of wisdom. He likes to joke that we'd be old by now except that we have neither kids nor a mortgage, apparently requirements for that title in his book. I don't think about getting "old" so much as I think about flexibility, agility, knowledge, practice. I think in many respects I grow younger as I age, so there may be a point at which Sean is robbing the cradle.

In any event, wherever you are today, please take a moment to honor the day that Sean was born in whatever way seems suitable to you. His idea of honoring it is to play video games, of course. Namaste.

No comments: