Friday, March 14, 2008

Notes from Jenn's World

Just a quick check-in about a few things going on in my world.

Gratitude in recovery

After almost a week, I am finally back to feeling myself. While I am relieved to have most of the nausea and dizziness gone, I do hope to hold on to the sense of presence I have felt throughout this experience. Driving home from running errands today, I could feel how much more in the moment I was, feeling the steering wheel and stick shift in my fingers, the amount of resistance in the pedals, the sun on my face. I smiled the whole way, recognizing the gift of the present moment and grateful for being able to have the experience feeling fully myself, fully in my body. It has been such a gift!

Avon Walk for Breast Cancer

I may not have been able to train this past week, but donations have still been coming in, reminding me of everyone's tremendous support. I am up to $1184 at this point, which is approximately one-third of my personal goal for this event. I cannot express enough gratitude for everyone's donations so far. The process has been a great reminder of the infinite abundance of the universe and the generosity of my friends and family. Thank you all!

Caroline Reynolds on Good Morning America

My mentor Caroline Reynolds was recently on Good Morning America talking about her book Spiritual Fitness. It's a terrific interview--click here to view it--and an even better book! I am in the process of planning an 8-week class based on the program outlined in Spiritual Fitness. If you live in the Bay Area and are interested in participating, I'd love to hear from you. I am ironing out the details and should be ready to publish them soon, but if you have a preference for when and where the class is held definitely let me know soon.

What's happening in your world? Anything new that you're exploring? Do you have any synchronicity to share? Any events coming up on your horizon that you're excited about? Please share!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know what you mean by how wonderful it feels to be truly present! Yesterday I was going for a 4 mile training walk for my own Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. I usually listen to music on my ipod, but my battery had run down without my realizing it. The beauty of it was that I got to spend an hour truly present with my beautiful neighborhood. I discovered little signs that Spring is on its way- tiny buds on the trees and lots of birds, all singing their joy for the sunshine. As a result of that walk in the present, the forecast of wet snow for tomorrow morning does not fill me with my usual dread. Instead I know that it, too , will be perfect in the moment it arrives.